Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Climbing Equipment During Rock Climbing


Climbing ropes typically consist of a core (kern) of long twisted fibres and an outer sheath (mantle) of woven coloured fibres (hence the term kernmantle construction). The core provides about 80% of the tensile strength, while the sheath is a durable layer that protects the core and gives the rope desirable handling characteristics. The ropes used for climbing can be divided into two classes: dynamic ropes and static ropes.

Dynamic ropes have a certain amount of elasticity and are usually used as belay ropes. When a climber falls, the rope stretches, reducing the maximum force experienced by both the climber and his equipment. Static ropes are much less elastic, and are usually used in anchoring systems. They are also used for abseiling (rappeling) as they reduce bounciness and make it easier for a person to descend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

wow really amazing model!!!!!This color matches me well.This is the only pair for ever ...some times my mother takes my high heels...what a different make.I just tore my old born to wear this
Harley Davidson Desire Boots Thanks for publishing this wonderful blog